The Parish Communication Commitee
The Parish Communications Committee (PCC) of St. Agnes Catholic Parish Wuye, is a part of the Abuja Archdiocesan Parish Communications Committee Abuja (APCCA), which serves as the voice of communicators, a forum for the various parishes to participate in cross fertilization of ideas, programme implementation and advise the Abuja Archdiocese on issues relating to communication in particular.
This PCC is formed primarily to promote, protect, and defend the various interests of the archdiocesan communicators. The Committee’s efforts would culminate in a masterpiece finish for the “GOOD SHEPHERD NEWSPAPER”.
THE MOTTO IS: Propagating the Catholic Faith.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PCC ARE:
- To uphold, promote and preserve the Catholic faith
- Facilitate the flow of appropriate information to all Catholics and non-Catholics.
- To maintain and encourage peaceful co-existence among parishioners.
- To join the Catholic faithful in the spread of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To adequately update the faithful within and outside the parish about happenings in the parish.
- Integrate the committee into the global information society, through capacity building programmes, appropriate training skill acquisition and utilization of relevant instruments of mass communication and information dissemination.
- To make adequate contributions to the Archdiocesan newspaper by submitting regular parish information and activities for publication in The Good Shepherd Newspaper.
- To look after the welfare of members by rendering assistance when necessary.
- Organize and participate actively in the celebration of Annual World Communications Day.
- To do such other things that may be deemed necessary and fit to the attainment of the above aims and objectives or as assigned by the Director of the Social Communications Department of the Archdiocese.
The PCC meets every first Thursday of the month after the 6pm Mass. For membership and other enquires call: 0803 3457 453